- Banking Finace
AMG Impex has mainframe is the central data repository, or hub, in a corporation's data processing centre, linked to users through less powerful devices such as workstations or terminals. The presence of a mainframe often implies a centralized form of computing, as opposed to a distributed form of computing. Centralizing the data in a single mainframe repository saves customers from having to manage updates to more than one copy of their business data, which increases the likelihood that the data is current.
We have hired resources with specialization in skills such as IBM Mainframe,
- Tandem, Natural ADABAS, Xpeditor, RPG, JCL and VSAM.
Modern mainframe design is characterized less by raw computational speed and more by :
- Redundant internal engineering resulting in high reliability and security
- Extensive input-output ("I/O") facilities with the ability to offload to separate engines
- Strict backward compatibility with older software
- High hardware and computational utilization rates through virtualization to support massive throughput
- Hot-swapping of hardware, such as processors and memory
Modern mainframes can run multiple different instances of operating systems at the same time. This technique of machines allows applications to run as if they were on physically distinct computers. In this role, a single mainframe can replace higher-functioning hardware services available to conventional servers. While mainframes pioneered this capability, virtualization is now available on most families of computer systems, though not always to the same degree or level of sophistication.